Christmas Tag: A Partridge In A Pear Tree

I continue to enjoy my new love of mixed media and Julie Nutting doll stamps.  If you have been following my adventures making a few Christmas cards, aka tags you know I have been attempting to make Christmas tags that will be keepsakes:  Peace and Hope.    Here is my next attempt.

A Partridge In A Pear Tree
Notables
Graphic 45 The Twelve Days of Christmas
Julie Nutting doll stamp "Camille"
Bo Bunny's Provence Porcelain
Tim Holtz's Big Diez Caged Bird
Aleene’s Glitter Snow
Prima crystals and flower
Camille is stamped onto Bo Bunny's Provence Porcelain paper and again on Graphic 45's The Twelve Days of Christmas.  I cut out each piece of the clothing and adhere it with Xyron Sticker Maker with the exception of the smallest pieces where I use Ranger's Glossy Accent.

Note: Using Tim Holtz Stamp Platform makes creating these dolls so easy.
The cage is cardboard cut with Tim’s Big Diez Caged Bird.  I used a gold pen to color the cage.  My husband said, “The partridge is supposed to be in a pear tree and not a cage."  To which I replied, "Have you ever put a tree in your house?”  LOL (I guess I put a Christmas Tree in my house...but you get the drift.)
Glitter Snow:  I use Alleene’s Glitter Snow everywhere I thought snow would fall on the cage.  I used a short, stiff brush to apply the soft snow.  The snow hardens and holds the shape and texture you create.

Layers for the cage (bottom to top)
1. Large flower that has feathers.
2. Cheesecloth crumpled to make the bedding for the partridge.
3.  Partridge
4.  Cage already "snowed"
5.  Ribbon
I used ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever to glue each layer.  It adheres to all types of fabrics and papers.
The last touch is the lyrics to the first gift in the 12 Days of Christmas song.

Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and more are all upon us.  I hope with all the hustle and bustle the season can bring that you are able to relax, enjoy, and remember the most important parts of the holidays.

Inspired To Created/Encouraged To Try
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, ask a question, or just bring the chocolate for your next visit to Ds Paper Studio!